The Intersection symbol (∩) is a character that cannot be easily typed in using the keyboard. This is only possible when you use a shortcut.
On this page, you’ll learn some of the shortest possible ways you can use to insert this symbol.
You can also use the button below to copy and paste this symbol for free.
Without any further ado, let’s get started.
Intersection Symbol quickest Shortcut
The shortcut to type Intersection Symbol in Microsoft Word is [ALT] + 8745 for Windows. To use this shortcut, simply press down the [ALT] key and type 8745 using the numeric keypad. These hotkeys work only in MS Word.
This is the quickest shortcut for Windows that can be used to type Intersection sign in Microsoft Word.
Now let’s dive into the rest of the sections that explain this shortcut into detail plus some other amazing methods.
Using Intersection Symbol ALT code Shortcut
Intersection symbol ALT code shortcut is [ALT] + 8745.
Related Post: How to Use Alt Codes on Keyboard
You can use the character code to type in the Intersection symbol and any other symbol. This code is well known as the ALT code. And it is used to type symbols that do not have a dedicated key on the keyboard.
Below are the steps you can use to easily type this symbol using the ALT code method.
- Click your cursor where you need to type or insert the symbol.
- Press and Hold down the [ALT] key.
- Whilst still holding on to the [ALT] key, type the Intersection ALT code (8745) using the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard.
- Then release the [ALT] key to get the symbol.
As soon as you release the [ALT] key after typing the ALT code, the symbol will be typed into your document.
These are the steps you may take when it comes to using the Intersection sign ALT code.
Using Copy and Paste Method
Below is the ‘Intersection symbol’ if you wish to copy and paste it into your document.
This is the shortest shortcut if you love to copy and paste symbols.
All you need to do is select the symbol on the web or the character map, then hit Ctrl+C to copy, switch over to where you need it, and hit Ctrl+V to paste.
Using Insert Symbol in MS Office
The Symbol window is a library of all the symbols available on a PC. The feature is available on all the Microsoft Office apps including MS Word and Excel.
Obey the below steps to easily find and insert the Intersection symbol using the symbol library in Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Click to position the cursor at the place where you want to insert the symbol in the document.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- In the Symbols group, select Symbol > More Symbols.
The Symbol dialog box will appear as shown below;
- On the Symbols tab, make sure that the Font selection is set to the desired font. For more decorative symbols, choose Webdings, the Wingdings, or Symbol.
- Scroll down until you see the desired symbol, and then click it. Or click the desired symbol in the Recently used symbols list.
- To easily locate the Intersection Sign, type 2229 in the Character Code box at the lower section of the window. The symbol will appear selected.
- Click Insert, and then close the window.
Using the Insert Symbol Method, these are the steps involved.
As you can see in the above options, there are several shortcuts to insert or type the Intersection symbol anywhere for both Windows or Mac.
If you have any questions or suggestions concerning this article, please let me know in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading.